Wednesday 25 April 2012

Vintage Postcard


Here's a card I made for the Sketch Challenge at Splitcoaststampers today - Korin gave us a great sketch which is really easy to work with.  I went for a vintage look and made the top panel quite large - this is the first time I've used Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Vintage Postcard set - it's SO much FUN, there's a lot of different images and elements you can combine, layer and play with.  
I love the vintage look - I can still remember my Grandma's attic above their garage in Vale, Oregon
(which had Grandpa's old Model T Ford in it) and I went up there once or twice, fascinated by all the old and yellowed keepsakes - it was scary thanks to wasps and spiders!
All edges have been sponged with Ranger Distress inks.
I used two copics to tone down the brightness of my coloring so that it would give a vintage hue - I find that 
E41 (more subtle) and W1 (darker) work well for this - BUT please if YOU are trying it, test it out on scrap paper first - no one wants to ruin a beautifully colored image on the last few strokes!!
I love the Bible verse underneath the Postcard title:
As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.
Proverbs 25:25
Supplies include:
Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Light of Christmas bg
Twine (Creative Expressions)
Pearls
Sewing Machine 
Copics
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Ranger Distress Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap ink
SU Baja Breeze ink

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful vintage card Bridget well done Hugs Elaine

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this is a beauty B.

Monika/Buzsy said...

FABULOUS card Bridget. I love everything about it! The colors, the images... the layers... just perfect!

Susie said...

I love the look of vintage postal cards. Beautiful detail as always. And a very good tip with the Copics.

JD/ Jill said...

This is so pretty, I like how you used the stamp set. I'm going shopping tomorrow where they have Sweet N Sassy stamps, I hope they have this set there.