Tuesday 3 April 2012

Thanks Teacher!


I used the Color Challenge combo at Splitcoaststampers and the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Club sketch for this teacher appreciation card.  School's in Britian don't get out until the very end of June so I'm ahead of the game!
The color challenge colors are Lucky Limeade, Pool Party and Peach Parfait.  I colored this little Pure Innocence cutie called Book in Hand with copics and paper pieced her sweater (or jumper as they're called here!) and skirt.
When I look at this image it reminds me of a photo of myself on the first day of school - I was wearing a dress instead but I had hair just like this with a little hairclip!
I used MFT's Simply Scallops Die-namic for edging one of the panels.  The Dizzy Doily Die-namic made the circular background for the alphabet which was cut with By the Letters Die-namic's - they're fantastic, I love those little letters!
Supplies include:
My Minds Eye dp
SU Lucky Limeade cardstock
Sewing machine
October Afternoon buttons
Brads

8 comments:

Cottage Crafter said...

Yes you were wearing a homemade dress, and your hair was curly with a clip, and you were adorable.

Unknown said...

Bridget waht a lovely little girl and a fabulous card well done Hugs Elaine

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, this is so cute. That paper is yummy!

Melina said...

Oh wow Bridget! This is adorable. I love the colors and the sweet image! Great card :)

Country Mouse said...

This is so sweet!! Love it!
audrey

Jodi Collins said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE the colors, your coloring...LOVE it all!!

Unknown said...

I totally adore her little paper pieced sweater, this is fabulous!

zehra said...

Beautiful card