Saturday 28 April 2012

Chevron Butterfly


I had this negative die-cut butterfly sitting there waiting for inspiration to finish it - it came through Rosenberry Rooms, the Inspiration Challenge website at Splitcoaststampers today and I decide to add a punched flower body.  
The bg was made using the fabulous My Favorite Things Chevron Stripes Die-namics and scraps of dp.  The butterfly was cut with a Marianne Design Creatables die.  I punched some flowers, layered them and added black pearls for the butterfly body.  I added an MFT sentiment from their Pure Innocence set Because You're Special and a scored frame to finish.  
I'm needing a lot of "thinking of you" cards these days, there's so many people who are really on my mind - sickness, grieving, stress, financial and family worries.  It reminds me of the words of Jesus... 
"in this world you will have trouble."  Thankfully He also said   
"....but take heart!  I have overcome the world."
John 16:32,33
Supplies include:
Marianne Creatables Butterfly Die
Woodware small flower punch
Scoring board
Paper Mill Shop white linen, black cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink


4 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

So beautiful and a very creative...Hope you don't mind I may case this one.

Wanda Cullen said...

GENIUS idea!! Love this chevron butterfly!

zehra said...

wow, gorgeous, love it.

Susie said...

You my dear are a clever lady! Very, very nice. What a great design idea. Oh for the day I can just think these ideas up on my own!