Saturday 7 April 2012

Butterfly Quilt


Here's a card I made using a brand new set released this week by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps called Treasured - soon I'll have to put this set down and use something else - but not yet, I keep reaching for it!
The image is colored in copics and popped up on a dp circle which is popped up on a doily cut with MFT's Dizzy Doily Die-namic. I stamped an extra butterfly wing so one could be popped up also.  I added gloss to the butterfly wings and the next morning when I got up the wing had curled beautifully!  The  flower center also has a layer of gloss.
I made a quilted bg of dp using my sewing machine and then simply added an oval punched sentiment and double bow to finish.  I loved working with such bright, sunny colors.
A butterfly is often seen as a symbol of new life which seems appropriate this Easter weekend when we celebrate the new life we can enjoy because of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. 
Whatever you're doing this Easter weekend, I hope it's a peaceful, happy and safe one!
Easter Blessings, Bridget
Supplies include:
K & Co. Sweet Nectar dp
SU Melon Mambo cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Copics
Sewing machine
Ribbon
Anita's Clear Gloss
SU Small Oval punch

6 comments:

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is gorgeous!! Wow it must have taken alot of time to color in two set of each the butterfly and the flower!! Love the backgroound!!
Kristan

Kim S said...

Fabulous! That lovely butterfly and flower on that cheerful quilt is perfect!

Tenia Nelson said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Bridget what a lovely card I love it , the colours are beautiful.
Have a nice Easter Sunday and Monday Hugs Elaine

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful Spring time card! Happy Easter to you and your's!



ps - have you ever thought about adding the email subscription gadget? Sure would love to see your posts on a daily basis~ :)

Susie said...

I love this "quilted" card. Your stitching is amazing! Can't you picture a late spring day with the windows open - off come the winter quilts, spring cleaning done, and a fresh, bright, light quilt for the bedroom (maybe some daffodils on the side table too) hmm, I think there's a story here {wink}. A beautiful cheery friendship card. Thank you, Bridget.

Hugs,
Susie ~