Wednesday 18 April 2012

Everyday Miracle

I made this card for the Sketch Challenge posted by Taylor over at Splitcoaststampers.  Masking and sponging is one of my favorite things to do, so I broke out the post-it-notes!
I cut a circle from a post-it-note with a Nestie and attached that where I wanted the sun to be, saving the whole post-it-note for later.
I cut hill shapes on a post-it-note  and used both bits for this scene - while sponging the hills I used the top bit of the post-it-note to give the hills their shape and keep the sky area covered.  While sponging the sky, I used the bottom half of the post-it-note hill shape, to keep the hill area covered from being sponged with ink. 
Then starting at the top of the hills, I attached the cloud die-cut (using Papertrey Ink's cloud die), sponging blue ink only at the top of it, starting ON the die-cut and moving off onto the panel.  I kept layering the clouds in this way randomnly, until nearly at the top of the panel - I find it achieves a better look to end with blue sponging at the top of the sky panel.
I then removed the circle shaped mask from the sky panel and attached the post-it-note that the circle was cut FROM - this allows sponging INSIDE the circle for the sun, while masking the blue sky.
The top panel is stitched and popped up and the sentiment comes from the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Everyday Miracles set. 
I love this sentiment - I was reminded of it last night at our small Bible study...one of the ladies told us of a something that happened during the week which had amazed her - she almost missed it's signifigance until one of the other ladies told her she'd been woken out of her sleep to pray about it at the time - all of sudden, God's hand in it became obvious!
We tend to think of miracles as HUGE deals that would stop us in our tracks, but I'm convinced that they happen daily, and we simply don't have our eyes open a lot of the time.
Supplies include:
Marianne Creatables Bird and Branch die
Papertrey Ink cloud die
Paper Mill Shop white linen cardstock
SU Lucky Limade, Chocolate Chip cardstock
Versafine Black Onyx ink
SU Cool Caribbean, Barely Banana, Yoyo Yellow, Lucky Limeade ink
Sewing machine

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Bridget, Wow what fabulous techniques you have done a great job a gorgeous and colouful card well done
I am just catching up viewing as I have been poorly, feeling much better now and will be posting soon.
You have been making some fabulous cards since I have been away
well done Hugs Elaine