Saturday 14 April 2012

Canine Kisses


Here's my card using the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Club #67 sketch and a Pure Innocence cutie from the set Puppy Girl - I colored her with copics and popped her up on a dp panel.  Because everyone in our family dotes on our own sweet pooch, this set really appeals to me!  I also used the Chevron Stripes Die-namics - I'm loving those, and I layered them here with dp over cardstock. 
I also got some color inspiration from a Sari Scarf at the website Greenheart which is the Inspiration Challenge website at Splitcoaststampers today.
I added some buttons and butchers twine to finish.  Because I got my twine from the butchers I have to cut around the bits that have a bit of roast beef juice on them - seriously!  But it's really thick and has a nice creamy hue which works well with retro cards.
Supplies used:
October Afternoon dp
SU Real Red cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Ranger Distress Antique Linen ink
Butcher's twine
Copics
October Afternoon buttons
Sewing machine

1 comment:

Kecia said...

Canine Kisses are the best. That little dog looks like my Sloopy when she was a puppy.

Gorgeous card...loving the colors and all of those fabulous details.