Monday 28 January 2013

Retro Note Card


Hi there, here's a card I made for the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge this week - it's a Picture Perfect Challenge based on this photo:


Display our button
 
The style of this card is a little bit different for me, but the photo has geometric shapes, clean lines and shouted "60's retro" to me, so this is how I interpreted the look!
I added some staples and a paperclip for the metal touches.
I used Lifestyle Crafts Inverted Square Nesting dies for the shape of the card and also for the little die-cut inverted squares on the main panel. 
The sentiment is from Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler, a super useful set, it covers nearly every occasion!
Supplies include:
Lifestyle Crafts Inverted Squares Nesting dies
Staples
Buttons
SU dp
Paper clip
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles
SU Basic Gray ink

13 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

I think you nailed this challenge with this card! Very creative and nicely done!

Loll said...

Hi Bridget. Love your card - it's groovy!! :) Loll xx

Jessica said...

this is so fun! love your awesome take on the inspiration photo! the shapes, color combo and embellishments are all perfect! thanks so much for playing along with the SPARKS challenge this week! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Wow!! This card ROCKS!!!

Audrey Hiltke said...

How amazing is this!! So beautiful and oh so perfect for the inspiration picture. You are amazing my friend!
Hugs,
Audrey

Hannelie said...

I love what you did her Bridget!
Beautiful card!

Hannelie said...

I love what you did her Bridget!
Beautiful card!

Kim Hamilton said...

Really nice interpretation of the picture! Love it!

Gabi MeWi said...

Cool card.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

this looks like it should be a pillow! Love all the shapes!

Lisa Lara said...

One slick card B. Love it. Oh I am so swooning over that shaped card. Love it love it. You so ROCK.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE x10! This is such an amazing card!!! LOVE the design and colors and details....love it all! THANKS so much for joining in the fun over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge-- hope you join in the fun with this week's polka dot challenge:) <3

Amy Rohl said...

Oh my gosh, this is SO FUN, Bridget! You nailed it!