Sunday 3 February 2013

Spring Tulips

 
Hi there!  Anyone else looking forward to spring?  I'm trying to learn to live more in the moment and enjoy the bright spots of each day as it comes, but I can't help looking forward to longer days, a bit more light, and the colour of new growth!
The Featured Stamper at Splitcoaststampers today is Janette Olen, aka blessingsx3, and what a sweet and talented stamper she is!  I love her creations but I chose this lovely tulip card to inspire my card today.
The Spring Tulips image from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps is one of my favourites EVER!  It's such a joy to colour and if you like cutting, it cuts out so easily - which is what I did here, so that I could pop it up over a dp circle. 
The orange panel has been partially embossed with white script.
The seam binding was scrunched up in a plastic bag and I put a squirt of copic ink (BG10) in there, before thoroughly crinkling and allowing it to dry.  It's a great way to get a near perfect match, and thanks to Tammy Hershberger for giving me this tip!
Supplies include:
Stampin Up French Script bg stamp
White embossing ink
Stampin Up Pool Party ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Papertrey Ink Tiny Tags die
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles
Copics
Twine
Pearls
Sewing machine
Pebbles Seen and Noted dp
Stampin Up Pool Party card stock
Stampin Up dp

4 comments:

Hannelie said...

So stylish and beautiful!

EmileeAnn said...

Very pretty, Bridget! Love that color combo.

Wanda Cullen said...

OMGoodness, this is stunning! Love those tulips in these colors! Will have to try the Copic refill trick to dye seam binding. I've only used Tattered Angels inks before, but I'm thinking the drop method would be much less messy than the sprays.

KimCreate said...

Gosh! look at how those orange tulips pop!!! Beautiful card!