Sunday 17 February 2013

Orange Lily Blessings


I'm the hostess today at Splitcoaststampers for the Featured Stamper Challenge and I chose Mary Marsh, aka MaryR197 as this weeks Featured Stamper.  Mary is such a friendly and encouraging stamper and I knew everyone would love a browse through her very beautiful gallery.  I chose THIS card as my inspiration. 
The lily is a Woodware Single stamp and the sentiment is from the just released SNSS set, Springtime Sparrows.
I love this colour combo and dyed the seam binding with copic ink to get as close of a match as possible with the dp, using a method I learned from Tammy Hershberger - putting the seam binding in a small plastic bag, squirting in a few drops of the ink and then scrunching it up for a distressed look. 
Orange is such a happy colour, it was fun to sit and blend the different shades from deep hues to a lighter yellowy gold. 
I confess I'm not too fond of lilies in real life, as I find their smell overpowering, but I enjoy creating with them!
Supplies include:
Woodware Single Lily
MFT Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles
Lace
Seam Binding
Copics
Sewing machine
Button
Twine
Memento Tuxedo Black ink

4 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Bridget. This is a gorgeous card. I love your lily (my favorite flower). You're right, orange is a happy color and this is one happy card - it made me smile when I saw it :) I'm always in awe of your layering of beautiful designer papers and your amazing coloring! You truly inspire! And I'm sure Mary will be so thrilled with the card you made in her honor. Loll xx

Sue McRae said...

Gorgeous colouring of the lily and I love the orange and turquoise combo.

Rosmarie said...

Oh, what a fabulous card!
The colors are so beautiful and radiant! Love the large loop and the little stitchings.

Have a nice day...
Rosi x

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Every card is perfection. Beautiful card.