Wednesday 20 February 2013

Postal Butterflies

 
Here's a card I made using the fab layout for the Sketch Challenge which Korin's given us at Splitcoaststampers today - it's such a great layout for clean and simple cards.  I love masking and sponging as a background for silhouettes and today I went for some hot colours - get out your sunglasses!  Maybe I'm just longing for some warm weather and summer sunshine.
The background was stamped using Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Vintage Postcard, Light of Christmas script background, and New Beginnings.  I also used SNSS's New Beginnings butterfly dies for the popped up butterfly which has been coloured with copics.  The coloured inks are from Stampin Up.
I can't praise highly enough My Favorite Things Color Box Black Licorice ink which gives such a sharp, defined, black image when stamping silhouettes like this!

7 comments:

Irene said...

A beautiful vibrant card.
irene
xxxx

Hannelie said...

wow Bridget, sponging done beautifully! So vibrant, I love it!

Wanda Cullen said...

GORGEOUS in these warm colors! Love the shading variation! I will have to check out that black ink...currently I'm using Versafine Onyx Black but am wondering if MFT's is better.

Cindy Haffner said...

So BEAUTIFUL!!~

JD/ Jill said...

Si pretty...great sponging...the colors look great!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous! Love the sponging Bridget. The colors are just so vibriant. Enjoy your weekend.

Sasha said...

Your card looks stunning, Bridget. Fabulous sponging...such beautiful vibrant colours! I love the stamps you used, too x