Thursday 3 January 2013

Purr-fect Friend

 
I wanted to make a card for a friend who adores cats and this fun little kitty from Paper Smooches Chubby Chumbs seemed perfect! 
I'm entering this into the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge - Anything Goes!

Display our button

Since the set is new to me for Christmas I've also entered this in the Way's to Use It challenge at Splitcoaststampers - New Year! New Toys! - to use something new on a card. Who doesn't like playing with new toys, whatever age you are!
I coloured the cat with copics and popped him up on a circle of SU's Pool Party dp. 
I love this color paired with orange shades, it has a tropical feel which is great to work with in the middle of winter.
Sometimes people ask me about how I combine dp as they know I'm a huge fan of "mixing it up"!
Occasionally it's a happy accident and in a pile of dp, a pairing will catch my eye - when that happens I always grap a paper clip and attach them for future use.
I go through my piles of dp and hold things together and if it "appeals", it gets "clipped"!!!
And though it's fun to mix checks, ginghams, polka dots, and other small patterns, sometimes I like to carry though a theme as I did here using polka dots. 
I find that small patterns work best for mixing, which is why I rarely use 12 x12 sheets anymore, preferring to go for 6 x 6 pads where the pattern is smaller.
Let me take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy New Year in 2013 and to thank you for reading my blog and popping in from time to time. 
I really appreciate you all!
Supplies include:
Paper Smooches Chubby Chums, Sentiment Sampler
Lillybee Designs Double Dutch dp
SU Pool Party dp
Button
Twine
Sewing Machine
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles Small
Copics

5 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!!

Olga said...

The image alone is adorable but with the fun colors you used this card is super cute.

Danni said...

Very cute!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Happy New Year to you too Bridget!! And thank you for the DP tips - I'm going to try it!!

Blessings in 2013!
Hugs,
Audrey

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fab card--LOVE the colors and LOVE the papers! Your coloring is AMAZING!! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS Anything Goes challenge!!! Can’t wait to see what you create for this week’s challenge– Vintage:)