Friday 11 January 2013

Vintage Chalkboard

100_7633
 
This week's Paper Smooches Sparks challenge is a Trend Watch inspired by the photo below and it's all about VINTAGE!
 I LOVE making retro cards! 
It's also for the Anything Goes Challenge at My Mum's Craft Shop blog - you can find the Paper Smooches and My Favorite Things products on their fab website store!

 
 I don't have any PS images based on telephones but thought the recently popular chalkboard technique would fit the bill, and I was inspired by the vintage, red and black color combo.
I used a sentiment from Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler - what a super useful combination of sentiments, it really covers ALL occasions!
I also picked up on the text in the photo with some of my favourite October Afternoon dp.  Though I've been hoarding that stuff, it's beginning to dwindle down to a small square! 
I sponged the edges to add to the vintage look and then added a Framing Flourish cut using MFT's Framing Flourish Die-namics. 
The sentiment is embossed on black paper with some embossing ink smudged for the "chalkboard effect".  
The two little flourishes on the top and bottom are from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Decorative Frame Toppers.
 Hopefully the brushed pewter brads add to the vintage theme!
 
Display our button
 
Supplies include:
October Afternoon dp
Stampin Up Real Red, Basic Black card stock
Brads
White embossing ink, powder
Ranger Distress Antique Linen ink





5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely card! The chalkboard technique looks great here, and your colors and design are beautiful!

Julia Aston said...

Love this Bridget! Great design with the stars and flourishes!

Jingle said...

Really nice card! Love the stars with the brads!

Michelle said...

Great Design Elements. Super-Cute!

JD/ Jill said...

Great job with this card! Great colors and the way you used the dp!