Sunday 27 January 2013

Anchor for the Soul


Hello and Happy Sunday!  Hope you're having a good weekend. 
Here's a card I made for the Featured Stamp challenge at Splitcoaststampers honouring Bonnie, aka bon2stamp - and HERE is Bonnie's card which inspired me.
The ship and vintage map background were stamped and sent to me by lovely friend in Virginia, Roberta. 
I sponged the background and then spritzed it with acrylic paint, both teal and black, before stitching it down to the black framing.
The sentiment is computer generated using Latienne Becker font - because the cloud dies are solid it was hard to get the sentiment centered - I lay the die over the printed sentiment and penciled around it to see where it would cut, then adjusted it, then taped it to the cardstock for the final cut - viola!   The clouds have been lightly sponged.
I'm finding it hard to make a card without using teal these days, and it seemed right for an ocean theme!
I love this verse from Hebrews - the hope referred to is based on two things, as seen in the surrounding verses: it's impossible for God to lie and He promised to bless us through Jesus, who made it possible for us to be right with God!  Yay!  I will be saving this card to send to just the right person who might be going through a time when they need reassured of that anchor!
Nothing like the storms of life to put us in need of firm security.

Supplies include:
SU stamps
SU Cool Caribbean, Pool Party ink
Ranger Distress Broken China
Twine
Sewing machine
Charm
Acrylic paint
Spellbinders Nestabilities Ovals Petite Large
Papertrey Ink cloud dies

3 comments:

Karen M said...

Hi Bridget, this is really lovely, a very masculine card. And, of course, it's always good to have some scripture and this one is perfect for the image it goes with Kx

JD/ Jill said...

I commented on this card at Split Coast, but it is so beautiful it deserved a second look. I really like how you did this...the colors, the charm, the clouds...I guess I like it all. You are inspiring me to get out my ship stamps...Hope you are having a great weekend!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Brilliantly done - I was wondering how you found such a perfect cloud-shaped sentiment!! Your card is beyond amazing Bridget - and even more beautiful the second time (saw it on SCS too). I can barely take my eyes away.
Blessings,
Audrey