Sunday 20 January 2013

Baby Stars

100_7650
 
Today's Featured Stamper at Splitcoaststampers is Angela, aka monkeymama - I chose THIS fab card to CASE because I'm a sucker for stars, especially on baby cards!  I tweaked the layout slightly, adding stitching on popped up panels.  Love the Pebbles Seen and Noted dp and the MFT Die-namics used to make this card: Baby Onesie, Fishtail Flags STAX (how did I survive before I got those!?), and Stacking Stars
Sometimes people ask how I  tie bows with twine.  I always do the wrapping of a panel with strands of twine separately from the bow - it allows me to glue down the bow at exactly the angle that I'm looking for.  And because it adheres quickly, I use a glue gun to attach the twine and the twine bow.
I use a Bow - Easy for making a multi-looped bow (and also most of my bows.) 
It allows you to wrap the twine around a number of times for a mult-looped bow without having a HUGE knot in the middle.
 
I've used one of these for about the past five years and love it, and it's not very expensive for a product that lasts forever.
They're available at a number of places in the U.S., I know Gina K. Designs carries them.
I bought mine here in the U.K. at Quixotic Paperie.
Supplies include:
My Favorite Things Big Greetings (sentiment)
Color Box Pigment Brush Pad Turquoise
Twine
Buttons
Sewing Machine
Oatmeal ribbed cardstock
Pebbles Seen and Noted dp

2 comments:

Irene said...

A stunning and oh su cute card. I love it.
irene
xxxx

JD/ Jill said...

This is really sweet. Great Case, and I like the additional of the stars...so cute!