Sunday 6 January 2013

Long Stem Silhouettes Mini Hop

100_7583
 
Hi, and welcome to our second mini blog hop highlighting the new Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets - this time we're showcasing Long Stem Silhouettes and I can't tell you how much I love this set!
  I've created this card for the Featured Stamper Challenge at Splitcoaststampers today and based the layout on THIS beautiful card by the talented Janelle (dizzymommie) who's being featured this week.  I love the triple panels and thought it would work well with these long stemmed flowers.  
I used a technique which I've always admired when Karen (k dunbrook) uses it so beautifully - spraying the inked up stamp with water before stamping for a water color effect. 
I stamped onto watercolour paper and then thinned down some acrylic paint, spritzing it onto the stamped images.
Supplies include:
Watercolor Paper
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Stampin Up Real Red, Lucky Limeade ink
Ranger Distress Scattered Straw, Broken China ink

Be sure to leave a comment on each of the blogs along the way because this beautiful set is being given as a prize to one lucky commenter! 
Have fun checking out what the rest of the Design Diva's have come up with and thanks for stopping by today!
 
 
 

28 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning, Bridget! Love this set!

Tina said...

So soft and pretty!

Giovana said...

This is fantastic Bridget!!

Lori said...

Absolutely gorgeous Bridget!! I love the beautiful colors you chose and the spritzing is so fuN!!

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

lovely cards, the spritzing is fabulous with this design

Karen M said...

Bridget, this is a fabulous card! It really caught my eye with those beautiful colours and I love the watercolour look. Amazing and stunning! Kx

Cynthia said...

I agree, this is the perfect card design for the new silhouette images, Bridget. Lovely technique as well.

Janette said...

Absolutely beautiful Bridget, I love everything about your card!

Indy's Designs said...

Love the three panels...works perfectly with these stamps! Also love the water color technique!

Stephanie said...

Love the spritzed paint look!

jean w. said...

Love the panels and this new stamp set!

Danni said...

gorgeous and just so creative!! Awesome card!

Sue D said...

Very pretty colors and I like the watercolor look.

Jennie said...

LOVE this Bridget! The panels is just perfect and love the spritzy look!!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! I love the techniques you used. After seeing how you used this set, I'm adding it to my wish list right now!!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE your creative use of these stamps! The spattering just adds such an interesting detail!

Kim said...

Hey...spritzed background!! :-) Love your card, so pretty!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic cards, Bridget. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

So stunning!!!! I love how you inked the image and designed the whole card!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fantastic card...love the panels!

Mary K said...

Bridget, so lively and springy! Neat idea of using the greetings together making it a special card!

QueenAnne said...

How colorful, clean and springy! Makes me long for warmer temps! Beautiful job.

zehra said...

awesome card. love it Bridgett

Sandy said...

What a pretty card! I love the bright, cheerful colors you used and the splatter look!

Unknown said...

Really like your layout and these bright, happy colors!

Patricia Hays said...

I agree - the triple panels are a terrific way to showcase this stamp set! Very nicely done!

synthis said...

I absolutely love this!~

Mary-Anne V said...

So pretty...love the trio of flowers and the splattered technique.