Wednesday 24 April 2013

Peaceful Sea


A card  made for the Colour Challenge at Splitcoaststampers using Night of Navy, Baja Breeze, and River Rock....the blues and sandy hues made me think of the sea so I reached for one of my very favourite Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets, The Sea.
 The sentiment is also from SNSS, Bridge of Hope.
These words were written by Horatio Spafford after deep personal tragedy and are still bringing peace and comfort today through the singing of this hymn.
I masked and sponged the scene with post-it-notes after stamping the silhouette and then used a Cuttlebug die set for the sea shells, lightly sponging the edges with Ranger Distress Frayed Burlap ink.
Other supplies include:
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles Large
Hessian burlap
Post-it-notes
Stampin Up Night of Navy, Baja Breeze ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Ranger Distress Frayed Burlap ink
Brads
Provocraft Cuttlebug Seashell dies

3 comments:

Tricia T said...

Wow. What a fantastic card featuring one of my favorite hymns. Praise the Lord! It is well with my soul!!

Tricia

maria f. said...

What an amazing job of masking/inking here Bridget. Just beautiful.

Vivian Cunningham said...

love the card I tried to buy the bridges of hope but they don't have it. is sassy stamps the right company. thanks it is a beautiful card.