Thursday 25 April 2013

Pale Pink Roses

 
A card made for this week's Moxie Fab Trigger Tuesday Challenge and the Splitcoaststampers Ways to Use It Challenge - Add it Up (mathmatical symbols).
Here's the gorgeous Trigger Tuesday photo that inspired me called Pretty Little Petits Fours.
 
 
I love that wood grain bg, but I don't have a wood grain embossing panel or stamp - I did have a few brown woodgrain embossed panels lying around someone must have given me - so I swiped white embossing ink over one and then embossed with white embossing powder - it ended up with a glossy white woodgrain effect. 
I also used several layers of silver embossing on the flourish and multiple layers of silver embossing on the tag before stamping the sentiment while it was still warm to leave the impression (it's helpful to ink up the stamp with embossing ink first so it doesn't stick, and don't do it while it's still too hot.)
The roses are made from pink felt using MFT Mini Rolled Rose Die-namics - I just love rolling those little things!
I

 

4 comments:

StephInOK said...

Very pretty - love all the shine! I love your pink felt flowers! I have a bunch in my stash that I did a while back, that are still waiting to find a home on a card! Hugs!

Contagiously Crafty said...

Very cute card. The white embossed wood grain definitely sets a tone. The felt flowers are pretty.

Karen Davis said...

Wonderful!
The flowers are gorgeous.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Bridget! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)