Sunday 21 April 2013

Chocolate Cupcake Anyone?

 
Here's a card I made for hosting the Featured Stamper Challenge at Splitcoaststampers today - it's Robin, aka Missro, and I was inspired by her cupcake card found HERE.
I used Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps newly released Birthday Bash set and Birthday Bash Die Set to make the cupcake and SNSS dies for the stars and pennants. 
I stitched with brown thread to add to the chocolate theme. 
 I used a tiny star punch to make some chocolate star sprinkles, just like some we've got in our cupboard - they're a favourite cupcake decoration!
I scored a line at the top of the pennants so that I could fold a small edge back and tape them over the twine at the back, I found it helps keep them all in place and gives a neat edge.
Other supplies include:
DCWV Sweet Stack dp
Sewing machine
M-bossibilities So Trendy embossing folder
Spellbinders Nestabilities Ovals Petite Small, Large
Buttons
SU Pool Party, Early Espresso card stock
American Crafts jute twine

2 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! I really like this card...the colors. the layout...all the neat details...so festive and fun! Great job!

Petti said...

Love this card!