Monday 1 April 2013

April Flourishes Beautiful World Tour

 
 
 
Hello, and welcome to the April Flourishes Beautiful World Tour, and your stop in
Belfast, Northern Ireland! 
If you've arrived here from Iwona's fantastic blog, you've come from the right place, but if you want to start at the beginning, you can go back to the Flourishes blog so you don't miss a thing!
This month Anne-Elise has given us the fun challenge of CHILDHOOD. 
I chose to use a favourite Flourishes set, Bike Ride - I love the fact that you can choose from a variety of things to go in that cute little basket. 
For me it was a toss up between the sweet dog and a pile of books - because even as a child, I was an avid reader and devoured stacks of books from the library.
I still love a library or a bookstore just about as much as a craft store! :)
But as children, my boys loved The Wizard of Oz, and we must have watched it hundreds of times!
This cute doggie reminds me of Toto in Dorothy's basket, so that's what I ended up going with! 
I have to admit that I've never ventured to ride a bike much since I moved here to Belfast - though there are a few bicycle paths, in general bicyclists ride directly on the road and drivers must pass around them - and on these narrow roads, it strikes me as far too scarey!
For my card, I used Distress ink to add to the retro look and stitched around all the panels.
I sponged around a cloud die-cut to create the sky.
Here's a list of supplies used:
MFT Sun Die-namic
MFT Fishtail Flags Die-namic 
Lilybee Designs, October Afternoon dp
Twine
Button
Sewing machine
Ranger Distress Antique Linen ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Stampin Up Cool Carribean ink
Copics
Papertrey Ink Cloud die
 
Thanks so much for stopping by Belfast on your World Tour!
Don't forget that by leaving comments on the designers blogs as you hop the globe, you're in the running to win a free Flourishes Stamp set! Comments will be accepted till the end of the month and a random comment will be chosen, so the more comments, the better your chances of wining!
The next stop is Brisbane, Australia to see what the very talented
has created for you!

25 comments:

Danni said...

Gorgeous card! I just love it!

Hannelie said...

Your card tells such a happy story!
beautifully done
x

@JoyceCasaldi said...

What a cute card!

Aleksandra said...

Bridget this is one truly lovely card! The image is so adorable and you've colored it so beautifuly and I absolutely LOVE that little sunshine you've made. I like the bright colors you've used... we didn't have much sun lately in Slovenia and we miss it a lot so this warms up my day a bit!

Have a nice and peaceful Easter Holidays! Blessings to you and your family. Hugs,
Aleksandra

Karen W said...

This is adorable, I love the doggie in the basket!

Katie Sims said...

Bridget, this is gorgeous!! I know exactly what you mean about bookstores! I love to "collect" books and can't part with any of them!And that sweet lil pooch in the basket...well, you know how I feel about dogs...lol! So happy to see you on the Flourishes DT....you are perfect for it! :)

Kathy Jones said...

*SQUEAL* I *LOVE* this!!!! The design and colours are just amazing and I love all your detailing!! Loved your story too, so much fun and reminds me of bike riding days! :)

KimCreate said...

This is such a happy card! Bike riding is a happy childhood memory for a lot of people.

Mojca said...

oh the papers and colours are just divine. hugs! Mojca

Judy Inukai said...

Great card. I have lots of happy memories of bike riding when I was young. No dog in the basket though. Love the layout and the colors.

Tricia T said...

What a precious scene you made, Bridget! I haven't ridden a bike for ages, but I loved it as a child!

Tricia

Sasha said...

Such a bright and beautiful summery card, Bridget. I love your clouds and the image you chose is coloured beautifully, too x

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card, it definitely brings back happy childhood memories. Thanks, Penny

Cards By Betty said...

Very neat card I also remember the bycicle as a childhood memory and you did so very well with your card

PapierGirl said...

Just darling - love the happy colors of your childhood memory! :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, I ADORE the colours in this fun card! This is beautiful!

Sue D said...

This is a great card for my childhood--loved books, dogs and riding my bike.

Helen said...

Fabulous card, wonderful colouring, great background papers.....just love it all!

lisa808 said...

I always read a lot too as a child (actually, I still do). Love your card.

Kris B said...

Adorable card! What a great image and the colors you used are wonderful!! Fantastic card!! TFS God bless!!

Linda said...

What a cute cute card. I've been searching for just the right bicycle image and I think I've found it.

Ravengirl said...

Bridget, this is lovely! I see Toto when I see that sweet dog in the basket on the bike!

Anne-Elise said...

Love your gorgeous bright card, Bridget! Your image is so beautifully colored! Love the sun, the cute button and twine and all the lovely papers! Fab work! Hugs

TLady said...

SWEET & CHERRY!!!!!!!!! JUST THE WAY I think of summer! :) WONDERFUL CREATION!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Denimo said...

Oh Bridget... what a wonderful card! Beautiful colors, awesome coloring, great design. Very inspiring! Hugs...