Thursday 6 December 2012

Country Retro

 
Here's a card I made using the sketch challenge over at Splitcoaststampers given to us by Korin. With all those panels it was a perfect chance to mix dp's which I love to do - here it's a mix of some favorite October Afternoon papers.  I used Papertrey Ink's Bloom Builder 3 die for the red flowers.  The edges of the card base have been sponged with distress ink - if I could have just one ink pad other than Memento Tuxedo Black, it would Ranger Distress Antique Linen, because I love the way it makes paper/card look like it's been in Grandma's attic for a long time!
The sentiment is from Verve's Circular Sayings.  I hope this card will encourage a friend who's been going through a really bad time.
Supplies include:
Papertrey Ink Bloom Builder 3 Die
Verve Circular Sayings
October Afternoon dp
Stampin Up Real Red card stock
Buttons
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Twine
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles Large, Small
Sewing Machine

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have such a talent for using patterned papers! I am lucky if I figure out how to use just one on a card, but you mix and match and make the most beautiful combinations! The stitching on each panel is such a nice touch. This card is lovely and I'm sure your friend will be blessed by it.

Beckie said...

Super love what you've done.

Be blessed, Beckie