Wednesday 5 December 2012

Country Wildflowers


Here's a card I made recently for a Ways to Use It Challenge which Cathy (cathymac) gave us at Splitcoaststampers - using the bleach technique - and I managed to get through the whole process without ruining any clothes!
I've used SNSS's Wilflower set on Stampin Up's Cherry Cobbler card stock - as you can see the bleach causes the stamped area to fade to a creamy pink. I find this technique works well with solid stamps like silhouettes rather than stamps with finer lines. Another hint while using this technique is to use your bleach sparingly - I put some on a piece of folded paper towel on a flat plate, just enough to thoroughly moisten it but not enough to make it dripping wet.
My last suggestion would be to try it out on piece of extra card stock first - the result is always different depending on the color and make of the cardstock. For example some hardly showed at all, and with others the result seemed muddy, but there were plenty that ended up pretty and pleasing!
I added the main image oval to an embossed panel of kraft....the color combo said "country" to me so I added a gingham ribbon bow as a finishing touch!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies include:
Spellbinders Nestabilities Ovals
Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler card stock
Papermania Kraft
Ribbon
Pearls
Twine
Bleach
Button
Sizzix/Stampin Up Square Lattice embossing folder

2 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty, Like the colors that you chose.

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous of course B. Love love that ribbon accent.