Friday 28 December 2012

Fancy a Cuppa?

I've been enjoying my tea and coffee these cold winter days which made me think about this fun project I made while I was on the Dirty Dozen Design team at Splitcoaststampers in April through September 2011.  The cards designed while on the DD team are kept exclusively for the Fan Club members during that time but I'm sharing this one now, it was one of my favourites.
That month our theme was Comfort Zone and tea is definitely one of my creature comforts - it warms me up from the inside!  I discovered soon after I moved here that whether it's a crisis big or small, the British and Irish put the kettle on for a cuppa!
  It's made with a Waltzingmouse A Nice Cup of Tea template which you can find HERE.  I embossed the edges of the tea cup and saucer in gold using Stampin Up's Wedding Elegance and then did the same with the tag using the Waltzingmouse sets Very Vintage Labels No. 4 and Say it With Style.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. 
The handle has a number of layers of gold embossing.
I used a paper that has a translucent look for the effect of porcelain or fine china - I bought it loose in sheets without any indication of a company name.

6 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Ohhh...I remember this project! Looks so realistic and elegant with all the gold embossing! Love it!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful project :)

Loll said...

When I first looked at your photo, I thought it was a china cup and saucer! You are so talented - this is gorgeous and elegant.

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty!

Olga said...

oh this is so pretty! Love the embossing detail on the cup. Makes want to go put on a tea kettle right now.

Susie said...

Bridget, I was just stunned when I saw this. OMGoodness it's just beautiful. This is so unique. Remember that beautiful card with the faux Belleek plate you created? A matching cup and saucer would be so pretty *smiling*