Monday 4 April 2011

Over the Moon

Today at SCS there was a color challenge, to use soft aqua and yellow - I thought of a baby card and used a sketch by Irene (Dandi93) who was the featured stamper on Sunday.  I paper pieced the stamped image with DCWV dp and computer generated the sentiment.  I cut some stars out of a sheet of paper with Spellbinders Nestabilities and used it as a stencil with some SU Barely Banana ink.  Finished off by adding a little star button (there's actually a little heart image under there!) and a border with a black fine line marker.  I use a ruler and my eye to do this and usually (90% of the time anyway!) it comes out fairly even!
I don't remember the saying "I'm over the moon for you" when I lived in the U.S. all those years ago, but it's it's a common Northern Irish saying and the first thing that comes to mind when I see this cute Elzybells image.  These U.K. made stamps are no longer being produced so I'm glad to have a small collection of them!

No comments: