Wednesday 13 April 2011

Chair-ishing Friendship

I realized that one of my closest friends doesn't get enough cards from me telling her how much I appreciate her - without having any family here in Northern Ireland, I really do cherish my friends and don't know what I'd do without them!  Guess where this one's headed!
I originally intended the top panel to be shorter but it ended up being this size so the chairs would fit.  It reminded me of an experience in real life - shortly after my husband and I got married we seriously misjudged or mismeasured the size of our first furniture purchase of a couch and two chairs - when they got delivered we sat down on our new couch and found we could literally prop our feet up on the coal fire "across" the room in our first tiny home here in Belfast!
I stamped the chair images several times so I could pop up the cushions and sponged around the edges with Ranger Distress Antique Linen - helps give it that well used look, which my furniture sure has!! 
I drew a border around the top panel with a fine line marker and ruler, then masked around it with post-it-notes, sponging inside with the same ink.
This was made using the sketch for Wednesday's challenge at SCS - Roxie keeps us supplied with endless sketches week after week which I really appreciate as it's the hardest part of coming up with a card for me!
The stamps are from Papertrey Ink and the dp's are October Afternoon.  The twine is from The Twinery.

No comments: