Saturday 23 April 2011

Clean and Simple Mums

This was created for a couple of challenges at SCS, the Queen for the Day challenge honoring the very sweet Brenda (Benzi) and the Free for All challenge to use orange!  The layout is based on a CAS card that Brenda created.  We have a local craft and stitchery show here in Belfast in April and while there I stumbled across a bin of Stampendous sets going for a song, where I found these mums!  Here I've used the border image and the two smaller flower images, coloring them with copics, popping them up, and adding black brads for centers.  I added a border with a black fine liner and ruler.  I thought the dots in the border might pick up on the dots in the image.  The flowing style of the sentiment seemed to pick up on the swirly flower stems too!

2 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very pretty!!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty card bridget-I just found your blog -looking forward to dropping by for visits