Tuesday 20 May 2014

Tea Rose


I'm still playing with watercolors and made a couple of
cards with Flourishes Old Tea Rose.
This is entered in the Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge today and
also the current Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Botanical!
 I sprayed the first layer with water so the colour would spread, then dried it. 
 I then added more watercoloring followed by a layer of stamping with a 
splatter image and some splattering with a paint brush.  
Inks used include Ranger Distress Tattered Rose, Dried Marigold, 
Crushed Olive, Mowed Lawn, and Adirondack Watermelon.  
The sentiment is another attempt at script calligraphy - I used Pelikan 4001 
black ink and a dip nib.  I found that in spite of the rough texture, the watercolor 
paper works beautifully for calligraphy and will definitely be doing it again.
Thanks so much for stopping by today to have a look!

14 comments:

Lin said...

You have this technique under your belt and then some, Bridget! Love it!

Aileen said...

I would have to agree with Lin here. You have really knocked this technique on its head. Your card is truly beautiful and your calligraphy. Oh Iwish I could do that, it looks like it was stamped, its so well done. Being left handed I found all my attempts met with smeared words.

Lyn said...

Oh my this is beautiful your very talented

KimCreate said...

SUPER WOW!!! What a beautiful card, your techniques are flawless!!!

shirley-bee said...

Wow! Love this!

SonjaK said...

Oh, what a beautiful card and an adorable lettering! I did some calligraphy on my cards as of late, too, but honestly, I get nowhere near such an impressive result. Do you have templates, a book or a website you could recommend for someone trying to be good at calligraphy, too?

SonjaK said...

Hi Bridget, a huge thanks for your answer and kind comment on my blog!

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness, Bridget, your cards are beautiful! You are definitely a watercolor super star!

Beulah Bee said...

Your script is lovely and you've used the watercolor technique beautifully.

G Peplow said...

Totally gorgeous, love the bright colours and spots of seemingly random ink, I know how difficult it is to get this effect, love it :D x

Emma Williams said...

Such a beautiful card and I love the watercolour technique that you've used...it's gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty, beautiful colors...this turned out to be a masterpiece. I know if I tried this technique it would look like a first grader did it.

Darnell said...

Bridget, honestly, you should have been one of the teachers in the watercolor class! I've been looking at your homework and I'm blown away by your talent for each technique!! Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration, especially since I'm only halfway through with the course! Hugs, Darnell

Anna-Karin said...

This is stunning! What a great textured watercolour background and the stamps are so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!