Monday 12 May 2014

Bright Tulips


Still having fun with watercolor backgrounds, thanks 
I brushed a rectangle with water on watercolor paper and then used 
various Ranger Distress inks to blend a bit - they include Picked Raspberry, 
Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Mowed Lawn.
It was then spritzed with water and I let it sit for a moment or two before 
lifting some of the ink off with a paper towel.
 MFT Flower/Leaf Trio Die-namics was used to make a tulip, 
layering up three of the leaves.  I lightly sponged the edges of the
dark pink cardstock with Picked Raspberry ink as it gives just that
extra bit of definition.
The sentiment was created using WPlus9 Handlettered Hello Die 
and the matching stamp set.
The leaves and stems were cut using my paper trimmer - I'd love to 
have achieved a little more "curve" with those leaves!
Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Aileen said...

Bridget what a wonderful card. I totally love the whole look, colours layout everything. Your flower look brilliant.

Jean said...

Wonderful combination - your attention to detail really makes this card shine!

shirley-bee said...

Love the zingy colours on the background, and the contrast of loose wash and fine die cuts. Fabulous!

Hannelie said...

Wow... I am staring at this. You really just know how!

Nandini said...

Absolutely gorgeous!The colours are just fabulous!

Unknown said...

Hi Bridget! I just found your blog via 'Stamping with Loll' and these are GORGEOUS. Your colors are just fabulous and between you and Loll i am going to be digging out my watercolor paper & inks. Thank you so much for posting!

Cathy said...

Hi Bridget, I've popped over from Loll's blog, your flowers look amazing, Cathy x

Gramma Sarah said...

Hi. I too popped over from Lolls site. Wow! Love the watercolor.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I absolutely LOVE this!!!