Thursday 8 May 2014

Bokeh Background


Here's a fun birthday card using one of the techniques demonstrated by 
Julie Ebersole for today's Watercolor for Cardmakers Online Class!


Julie demonstrated a bokeh effect technique using a pencil eraser and water, 
however I wanted to try it with a Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps 
set with various sized solid dots called Lots-a-Spots.
I used various Ranger Distress inks on slightly damp watercolor
paper and in the end wanted them to run a bit more, so I spritzed with 
extra water.  The popped up numbers are created with 
SNSS Numbers Dies and it's finished off with a fishtail banner 
birthday sentiment, also from Lots-a-Spots.
I used Spellbinders M-bossibilities So Trendy embossing folder for the 
background using Stampin Up's Lucky Limeade cardstock.
Thanks for stopping by for a look!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Nice! Love the bright colors.

chera said...

what an awesome card!! Makes me want to turn 30 all over again!

Aileen said...

Brilliant card, love the colours. Looks great, I love it.

Lee-Anne said...

Gorgeous bokeh effect card, Bridget! Stunning colors!