Tuesday 11 March 2014

Feathery Thanks


#3 - What Would Mother Do?

My Mum/Mom had a button box full of all kinds of buttons,
 probably some of them handed down from Grandma. Long ago, 
I wasn't interested in the slightest, but oh, wouldn't I love to 
get my hands on those buttons now!  Instead, I had to get my
vintage buttons from St. George's Market in Belfast.  There's a lady who 
has a stall with fab hats and headbands she's done by crochet and 
I bought a cute jar full of beautiful vintage buttons for a fiver -  
this is one of my hoarded vintage buttons!  I embossed the gold feathers 
from Waltzingmouse Fine Feathers (one of my most very favourite sets, 
by the way!) and then sponged Ranger Distress ink over mesh 
(Broken China, Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint).
I used a Spellbinders Nestie Oval to emboss the sentiment 
(from the same set) and added some gold cord and gold gems.
The sun is really shining here in Northern Ireland today, I'm starting
 to feel like I should get out of the craft room and get into the garden/yard!
Whatever the weather in your area, have a great day, and thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Your gold embossed feathers look fabulous against the sponged colors you used Bridget! The filigree gold button is the perfect accent! I haven't been able to get my hands on the fine feathers yet - they are SO popular they keep selling out - no wonder since they make such lovely cards!

Jeanne J. said...

Gorgeous - I love the rich gold embossing and bright colors here! That button with the gold cord is the perfect finishing touch!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous background!! Also a button collector and yours is most lovely :)

Deborah Frings said...

That noise you heard was my jaw hitting the floor. This is absolutely stunning. I love the gold embossed feathers, the wonderful fresh, zesty colours (my faves) and the simplicity of the layout. Love it!

Aileen said...

W O W just just perfect. Totally beautiful. I love every step on this card, I want to CAS please. Colours are absolutely yummy. I know what you mean about the buttons, my parents just moved into a retirement village, I helped them pack and get rid of excess. Guess who got to take home a tin of buttons, so many beautiful buttons :)

Irish Cherokee said...

Really like this card and your choice of colors. Fabulous and exquisite.

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty! I always like the look of gold embossing! Such an elegant look. I have a jar full of vintage buttons that were my grandmothers. My daughter made me a special Christmas ornanment using my Mother-in-laws buttons. It's a treasure to me. I make sure I hang on my Christmas tree every year.

Nancy Penir said...

Your gorgeous background is an inspiration! So glad you included your 'recipe', can't wait to try this! And the gold feathers on top: shining glory!
And how special are our hoards of what nots? Happily you released the perfect one for your lovely card!