Wednesday 25 May 2011

Lookin' Pretty

I used today's sketch at SCS to ink up a new stamp from Lily of the Valley - I bought it with this Bible verse in mind - remember the days when it was fun to look in the mirror?!  This image illustrates to me the self acceptance of a child before all the hang ups and inhibitions about who we are and what we look like kick in!  And this verse reminds me to thank God for who He made me to be -  that's usually an act of the will  instead of something I feel like doing!  But I'm very thankful for any creative DNA he's built into me, since I get so much joy from that side of life! 
Card Details:
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles, Rectangles
My Minds Eye, Echo Park dp
Lily of the Valley image
buttons, seam binding
Twine (The Twinery)

2 comments:

Cottage Crafter said...

that is so precious Bridget and your coloring is exsquisite.

Kerri said...

Oh this is so sweet!!! Such a darling image and your coloring looks amazing as always! I love the bright colors and that verse works perfectly with it! You are awesome, girlie:)