Monday 16 May 2011

Every Good Gift

The CAS challenge at SCS was to be inspired by the word "gift" and the first thing that came to my mind was this Bible verse which goes on to say..."coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."  There seems to be a direct comparison between God who NEVER changes, and who is consistently good and generous with His gift giving, and the sun and moon, which continually shift through night and day, season after season, creating ever changing shadows.  These words also remind me to look up and recognize the Source of every blessing in my life.
I used SU's cherry cobbler for the card base and Memory box dp.  I dyed and "shabby-fied" seam binding a leaf green with copic ink to add to SU's cherry cobbler seam binding.  A big thanks to Tammy (stampertammy) for her great advice on how to do this!  The verse is computer generated using Albemarle Demo and Albemarle Swash fonts.

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Ah, this is lovely....and you've used those wonderful fonts again! (I am having trouble downloading mine---grrr). I love the verse and the patterns and colors you've used! Just beautiful!

Kathy Bradley said...

I didn't know you had a blog, Bridget! I'll have to put you in my favs so I can pop over for a visit! Your card is lovely, as always! 101Airborne/Kathy Bradley

Kerri said...

This is gorgeous, Bridget! I LOVE the dyed seam binding, and the double bow is just so fabulous! Beautiful verse!

Andrea Ewen said...

Just beautiful Bridget, the colors are out of this world!

Carolyn said...

The colors are amazing!

1 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Newbie said...

Bridget, this card is GORGEOUS!! Beautiful colors, and matching "ribbon". Everything matches so perfectly!! I have a question on HOW you made the BEAUTIFUL sentiment!! Please contact me: IamHis55@att.net