Thursday 27 February 2014

Spring Anyone?



Seems like everyone I talk to, at least those in the Northern hemisphere,
has the winter blues and they're longing for spring.  
What do card makers do?  We create some spring on a card and it wasn't hard to do with the beautiful card that Muse Danielle Flanders provided for inspiration for CASE Study #180.


 This is my first time participating in a CASE Study challenge and
I really enjoyed it. I was inspired by the colours, though I went for deeper
shades and also that cute little frame - I had some cardboard
packaging lying around and used Lifestyle Crafts Inverted
Squares Nesting Dies to create a little chipboard frame.
The base is stencilled with SU's Lucky Limeade and then splattered
with matching watercolor paint.
The roses are created with My Favorite Things Rolled Rose
Die-namics.  Other dies include Elizabeth Craft Leaf
Dies and Memory Box Perched Reed Bird Die.
I've also entered this card into the Ways To Use It Challenge
at Splitcoaststampers - to use anything that appears on a
calender - the "2" in this little sentiment from
Flourishes Sentimental Favorites means my card
qualifies for that! Thanks for stopping by today!

18 comments:

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous card - so cheerful!

Petti said...

Great entry for the CASE challenge!

Irish Cherokee said...

Simple and elegant Bridget. Very cheerful

Unknown said...

Wow Bridget, absolutely stunning card! Love it xx

Anonymous said...

Love it Bridget! I love stamping gingham on leaves and stuff too! Awesome take on the inspiration!

Geri said...

This is so fresh and pretty!

Tammie Edgerton said...

WOW...gorgeous and full of all those details! Love it!

Joni Andaya said...

What a Gorgeous card Bridget! So vibrant :)

Sherrie K. said...

Me, me.....I want spring! Oh my gosh, it has been a COLD winter here in northern MN! Yikes! It will be June before we get rid of the snow!
Your card is beautiful! I love the bursts of colors and the beautiful roses:) The little birdie is adorable!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment! I appreciate them:)
Have a great evening!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! This is AWESOME!! I LOVE your colors and the FUN layout of your design with all of the different elements!! LOVEX10000000!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Jen said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the background!!! And sequins....yum!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

I just LOVE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Weekly Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

Squirrel said...

Delightfully spring-like. It brings the sunshine where there isn't any - yet!
Rosey x

Jeanne J. said...

Gorgeous combination of color and elements. The bright lime and pink are yummy and the bird so sweet!

Kelly Latevola said...

I saw this in the gallery at Case Study and had to come tell you how gorgeous it is! Love those bright spring colors :)

Katherine said...

This looks terrific! I want to feature your card for upcoming Trendy Tuesday post for the blog at Paper Crafters Library. You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image will credit you & link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured, just let me know.

Gabby said...

Saw this card just now on PCL. It is so very sweet and adorable! Love the colors, design and awesome elements. :)

Linda Beeson said...

So love the sweet, green background!