Wednesday 19 February 2014

Watercolor Meadow


Sharing a card today that I made for the LOVEFEST challenges over at Splitcoaststampers this week.  Taylor at Taylored Expressions gave us the challenge of including doodling on our cards.  I used a sentiment from the lovely set Lean on Me, then added watercolors to a wet piece of watercolour paper.  I have an inexpensive Winsor & Newton set of pan watercolors and have replaced certain colours with new pans numerous times - I find I don't need many colours, as I mix them to make up the shades required. I dried that layer with my heat gun, then added another layer of watercolors in a similar manner.  I then splattered some paint - the point of splatters is that they land randomly, of course, but in order that they didn't stray too far from the intended area I tore the edges of a post it note and used it to mask the sky,
for example, from taking on too many splatters.
I then "doodled" in lines and dots with a black fine line pen.  I love doing
this and find it's hard to make a mistake, so I'll probably make a few more!
Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

KimCreate said...

Just gorgeous!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so beautiful! I have never tried this technique, but you have explained so well how you made this...that you make me want to try too. thanks for sharing...

Irish Cherokee said...

This is a gorgeous card. It is almost abstract in quality. Love it.

Petti said...

Very nice card!

Kathy Jones said...

Love the effect you've created here!! Stunning result!!

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Oh Bridget!

This is stunning,it reminds me of younger days in my Grandma's country garden. Thank you for sharing how you created it.

I have stumbled across your blog via Pinterest, and pleased I have some spare time to have a look at your stunning creations. I am in UK for a few weeks and missing not being able to craft so this has made up for it.

God bless.

Love Sheila x

Love Sheila x