Sunday 18 September 2011

Clean and Simple Christmas

Another card with the beautiful new Christmas Light set from Sweet and Sassy Stamps - this time I tried to keep it clean and simple, following a layout from Linda (morningsun47) who is the Featured Stamper today at Splitcoaststampers.  This set has sentiments in such beautiful fonts.  I cut my candle with scissors but you should definitely check out the fabulous Christmas Light candle die to go along with this set!  There's an even better price when you buy the two together as a bundle
My card also followed challenge guidelines for three challenges from the Sweet and Sassy Stamps Release party on Friday - to make a holiday card, a card with punched edges, and a card with the recipe of 2 dp's, a sentiment, twine, and three round items.
The twine I've used here is from a local butcher's shop  - I asked for a few metre's but the guy was kind enough to bring out the remainder of a whole roll for me!  It's thick and has a creamy hue.  The down side is that it makes a pretty big lump inside the envelope for mailing!
Other supplies include:
Copics
Buttons
SU Lucky Limeade, Real Red cardstock
MFT large scallops Die-namic
DCWV, October Afternoon dp 

2 comments:

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Very pretty. I love the scalloped edge and I love gingham.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Hey hey sistah~ Thought I would pop in and spend a little time perusing your blog! Awww such fun eye candy -- you are such an asset to Korin~ Thanks for an entertaining 20 minutes~ :)