Wednesday 10 July 2013

You Float My Boat


Hello!  With all things nautical on trend at the moment, I thought I'd share a card I made back when I was on the Dirty Dozen design team at Splitcoaststampers in 2011.  
Our theme that month was Oh, So Shapely and the challenge was to use dies or punches.
At the time I had fewer dies and absolutely nothing nautical but I found a colouring book image of a sailboat on-line and printed it onto dp and card stock on the back side. 
 I then cut out the shapes and pieced together this little boat. 
If you're stuck for a certain shaped die-cut, it's a quick and not too difficult alternative!
 The waves were made with My Favorite Things Die-namics and I used a Papertrey Ink Cloud die for the clouds.  I used the spotlighting technique for part of the waves and sentiment (which was computer generated).  All circles were cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles Large and Small
 It was all pieced together with scraps from my dp stash so it's impossible to list them all here.  
Just thought I'd share something with a fun summer theme today as we're having a very unusual spell of sunny weather here in Northern Ireland.  It seems too good to be true to be having a "proper" summer!
Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

KimCreate said...

Girl, you are brilliant! All die cuts and paper make this a stunning card!!! So beautiful.

Sasha said...

Just fabulous, Bridget! Lots if lovely layers, dies cuts and such a wonderful fun seaside scene! x

JD/ Jill said...

This is so adorable...I love how you did this...great idea...thanks for sharing. I like to paper piece...wouldn't have thought to do it the way you did...very creative!

Anonymous said...

Found your site and love all your cards. WHAT type of sewing machine do you use, a hand held or typical big one? I love the effect.

Steve Finnell said...

You are invited to follow my Christian blog