Sunday 21 July 2013

Congrat's Silhouette


Here's a card made for the Featured Stamper Challenge at Splitcoaststampers, I'm hosting today and I chose Heather Hoffman, aka housesbuiltofcards - HERE is the lovely card I chose to CASE.  
I love the fact that Heather sells most of her cards, with the proceeds going to help widows and orphans in Burundi, Africa to have homes, hence her blog name!
I used thin strips of Echo Park and Stampin Up dp and stitched them together for the background before attaching a black silhouette cut using the Bella Bouquet die by Memory Box. 
 The sentiment is from Flourishes Sentimental Favorites.
My sewing machine was going all wonky, so the stitch length is somewhat erratic, but I think I tracked the problem down to attaching the dp with doublesided tape and the adhesive "caught" the needle, pulling at the stitches - you live and learn!
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you're having a great weekend! 

3 comments:

Hannelie said...

Hi Bridget!
WOW! Your stitching is executed perfectly! The black looks fantastic on that colorful background!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!! :)

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty! I really like your color blocked background!