Friday 28 June 2013

SNSS Summer Die-version Blog Hop


Hello and welcome to Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Summer Die-version Blog Hop introducing three brand new die sets! 
 If you're anything like me, you're crazy about dies, so I hope you'll make time to check out what the design team have come up with using these fantastic new sets.
Here's the first set:



I created this CAS card with the new Small Leaves set seen below, which matches the leaves in Nature Silhouettes 2.
 I stamped the leaves in a wave across the card using Ranger Distress Scattered Straw ink and Stampin Up Cool Caribbean and Certainly Celery ink, then added some die-cut leaves in Stampin Up's Lucky Limeade card stock.
The sentiment is from the fabulous SNSS set Be Encouraged - it's easy to arrange the stamp on the acrylic block in a corresponding wave before stamping.
The set is priced $6.25 and the largest die measures 3/4 x 1 1/2 inches.


And here's a card using a new set with all kinds of shapes, there's just no limit to 
what you can do with these 

I made a mask using post - it - notes and the hexagon die before sponging with Stampin Up's Night of Navy, Real Red, and Ballet Blue.  I added some die-cut stars using SNSS Stars Die Set and some tiny punched stars.  Again the sentiment is from the set Be Encouraged.
Just look at all the fabulous shapes included - I'm really excited about this one, and can't wait to get a little more time to experiment and create with this VERY useful set!
The set is priced $19.75 and the triangle side measures 1 1/2 inches.


Last of all, here's a card made using the new
Waves dies:

I stamped the lighthouse silhouette from SNSS's Landscape Silhouettes in Versafine Black Onyx ink and masked the top half of  the card at the horizon to sponge Stampin Up Ballet Blue ink for the sea area. 
The rolling sea waves were created from the negative die-cuts using the new Wave Dies - for a thin version use the die-cut, for a thicker version use the negative die-cut, which gives even more value for money!
 I used some die-cut clouds using SNSS Clouds and Raindrops dies to sponge a sky in the same ink.  
The sentiment is from SNSS The Sea and added some pearls for the finishing touch.
This card will be for our elderly neighbour, who grew up by the sea shore in Donaghadee here in Northern Ireland, and remembers an idyllic childhood!
The set is priced $8.50 and the dies measure approximately 5 1/2 inches in length.


 I hope you've been inspired and thanks for stopping by today - don't forget that you can win one of these fantastic new sets, as 3 random commenter will be chosen from today's hop!
Also, don't forget the sale on selected items now on at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps which lasts just a few more days!


47 comments:

Unknown said...

All of your cards are beautiful! Love these new die sets!!

Cathymac said...

Your CAS style is simply stunning, Bridget! Your creativity shines through on each of your beautiful cards! Have a wonderful birthday...Hugs!

Scrappin' Diva said...

Wonderful cards! Love the CAS look of the first and last card!

Doris said...

Love your cards, but the leaf one is my fave!

Moosisk said...

Great cards! I love CAS style cards. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

diane zechman said...

Beautiful cards, Bridget! I love the leaves in a "wave"!

Kathy said...

The three new die sets are great and the cards you made to show off the new sets are all awesome. Love the masking technique you used for the hexagon dies.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Pretty cards Bridget! Especially love the one with the lighthouse and the negative waves! Looks great! Very clever!

starqueen said...

Hi Bridget,
All of your cards are lovely, but the Small Leaves CAS card is captivating. Thanks for sharing!

Sue D said...

Great cards using these new dies.

Maria said...

love the cards very pretty

Jean Bullock said...

All three cards are well done. My favorite is the first one. I love the sentiment and how you stamped and arranged the die cuts so that it followed the undulating lines of the sentiment. Great job.

Nanasniftynitch said...

All I can say is "WOW!" Beautiful!!

Natasha G.P. said...

The waves are so cute on your lighthouse card. What a great idea.

sharon g said...

I like how you made your clouds. The whole scene is so serene.

Ceal said...

Beautiful cards Bridget, I think you are the best cloud maker I have ever seen

Mary-Anne V said...

So many great dies...I love each of them. I esp. like the first card with the tossed leaves and the curved sentiment.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

I love the design on the first one with the leaves. Awesome projects. TFS

Pam said...

Love your cards! These dies are fabulous.

Giovana said...

Fantastic cards Bridget!!

Anita said...

Amazing cards! Great tips!

Cards By Betty said...

Lovely cards and the sentiments on them especialy

MiamiKel said...

Ever so splendid! Each one is so unique and creative but the last one took my breath away! Beautiful! tFS :)

Michele I said...

all were great, love the leave dies

merrymstamper said...

The landscape silhouette with the waves is fantastic!!! The red white and blue is perfect for the upcoming holidays and your leaves card is so pretty!

Heidi said...

These are all lovely! I loved your masking and the CAS design of the second and first cards. Loved your scene on the third.

Katie said...

Wow, where do I start, all of your cards are wonderful! I really love the first card, the flow of the leaves and the colors are just wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Katie B.

guilinger2 said...

These dies are gonna be fun! great cards!

Kris B said...

All you cards are lovely! My fav is the one using the leaf dies! Love the feel of leaves blowing in the wind! TFS

stampingbowd said...

Beautiful cards! Love the movement of the first one with the sentiment flowing down the card! What a fabulous reminder the second card is! No matter what is happening we know where Help comes from! LOVE the waves on your second card! I don't have any waves die, I really think I need to change that!

Alma Dirpaul said...

Wow, those are beautiful cards! I just bought Be Encouraged stamps. I think I might just have to pull them out tonight.

ajax said...

Love this hop. I was just cutting some border dies today and thought "there should be something I can do with these negatives". Thanks for answering that question for me. Each of these cards are great. Love the falling leaves. Thanks

Riette said...

amazing OLC!! LOVE your sky :D

~ Connie said...

Great cards! Each one cleverly captures the essence of the new dies. My favorite is the leaves - they just seem to be floating along with a nice fall breeze.

McStamper said...

Great cards. Love the new dies.

cardscookiecarrotcake said...

Great cards, I can see how versatile these dies are. Thanks for the inspiration.

Tami B. said...

These are all wonderful. I especially love the sentiment on the first card.

Sabrina said...

What darling cards!!

Janis said...

Your clouds are wonderful and how clever you are to use the wave die that way for a thicker wave!

Gail said...

Hi Bridget - your cards are great! I love the waves on the lighthouse card and the shapes used on the red, white and blue card and how the leaves pop on the first card - thanks for displaying your work - have a wonderful crafting day! Gail
http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

Lynne said...

Beautiful waves and clouds

Birgit said...

All your cards are so pretty! I love the new die sets.

Unknown said...

Nice cards. The waves compliment the silhouette so well.

momandmec said...

All three cards are awesome...My favorite is the first one but I like them all!

Sharon Roselli said...

wow This is the first time I've seen your blog. Your talent is amazing. love the clouds and lighthouse. red white and blue card I will be casing to send to OWH for any Hero mail. Love your leaves for my fall card to send out this year. so inspired by your cards.

Mary K said...

Bridget, Wow! Your cards are awesome and so creative. I adore your leaf card!

Indy's Designs said...

What fabulous cards! Love the masking!
{hugs}
Debbie