Thursday 20 June 2013

Framed Wild Rose




Hello!
 Due to our computer crashing, it's been a while since I was able to make a
blog post and I was unable to participate in the
  SNSS Mini Blog Hops highlighting the
June Release Sets
Here's a card I made using the fabulous new set,
Flower Blocks 2.
This one has a lot of dimension with it's different layers and by using sponging it
works great for those
who don't enjoy coloring with copics so much!
I stamped the flower four times, cut out different layers, then sponged each layer.
I sponged the square base piece with Stampin Up's Lucky Limeade, and then used several Stampin Up ink colors for the flower petals, including Blushing Bride, Real Red, and Baroque Burgundy.
 I do this in several layers, starting with the lightest ink and then building up color,
so that it's darkest at the outside.
The flower center was colored with copics.
The black frame was created with Marianne Designs Frames and Swirls LR0116 die.
 It's a long oval, but it cuts apart easily into eight pieces, which I then arranged around the square.
 Making a die-cut frame into a different shape works with some dies, I can only suggesting giving it a try and experimenting to see how it looks!
The text background is made using Stampin Up dp sponged with Ranger Distress Antique Linen ink and then stitched onto a black card base.  I added a few scattered pearls to finish.
Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Katie Sims said...

I am so glad your computer is up and running again! This card is gorgeous, Bridget! That bloom in colored so beautifully and really catches your eye...awesome card design too! Hugs! :)

Beckie said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Be blessed, Beckie

Jodi Collins said...

This is absolutely STUNNING! LOVE the dimension on the flower!!

Stamping With Bibiana said...

love that limeade ink, and with the red it really stands out...as for the frame I like it very much...good taht you could have now access to your internet. a hello from california
bibiana

Sue McRae said...

Gorgeous card!

Ellen Taylor said...

Beautifully done Bridget! Love the dimension!