Monday 3 June 2013

June Flourishes Beautiful World Tour

 
 
 Hello and welcome to the June Beautiful World Tour showcasing some
beautiful Flourishes sets from designers all around the globe! 
Thanks for stopping by Belfast today!
If you're doing the whole hop and have arrived straight from the Flourishes blog,
you're in the right place!
This month our hostess is Meredith in beautiful British Columbia, and she's given us the challenge
Neutrals and Texture!
 I immediately thought of the earthy neutrals and texture of linen,
which was in the height of it's production during the 18th and 19th century here in Ireland.  
Because of the easy production and care of modern fabrics, the making of pure linen has dwindled, but you can still find linen cloth from the rustic and rough weaves to the more luxurious tablecloths!
 

My card was made using the beautiful Flourishes Garden Picks set - I stamped the image with Stayzon Black ink on watercolour paper, then watercoloured in neutral shades. ( Ranger Distress Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, and watercolours)
I added some accents with a black fine line marker and a white gel pen and
spritzed on some Antique Linen ink.
Here's a closer look:
 
 
The kraft cardstock has been dry embossed with  Sizzix Plaid embossing folder
and the October Afternoon dp has been
sponged with Ranger Distress ink to add to the vintage look.
I added lace, pearls, twine and Stampin Up vintage pewter hardware to finish.
The doily is cut using Cheery Lynn Designs French Pastry Doily die.
The sentiment is from Flourishes Butterflies & Blossoms.
 
Don't forget that by leaving comments on the designers blogs as you hop the globe, you're in the running to win a free Flourishes Stamp set
Comments will be accepted till the end of the month and a random comment will be chosen, so the more comments, the better your chances of winning! 
 
Now it's time to head over to British Columbia to see what the talented Naomi
has created for the hop - thanks so much for stopping by today!
 
 


28 comments:

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, I LOVE your colouring! This is so beautiful, and I can totally see your inspiration in it. So gorgeous!

Jean Bullock said...

Both cards are so lovely that I almost don't favor one over the other. I love the colors you chose for both cards. But I am partial to the first one. I love the background paper and the embossing, the doily, Lace. The Thank you sentiment is perfect in its frame. The coloring of the stamp is awesome. Usually I don't like baker's twine on cards but I love it on this one. The stitching was perfect on this card. Love it.

Petti said...

Love the card!

Katie Sims said...

Bridget, I LOVE this color palette and I can see your inspiration! I actually have some Belfast linen...I cross stitch on linen and have done some drawn thread linen stitching too. I love the look of natural or cream linen so this card is right up my alley! Beautiful work! :)

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Stunning neutrals, coloring and texture! Just beautiful!

Sue D said...

Beautiful--I like the textures, papers and doily.

Allison Cope said...

Good golly Bridget! It's stunning! I love the image you chose and look at all that glorious texture! Just stunning!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Drop dead gorgeous! I can hardly contain myself, this is so beautifully colored and arranged. Perfect elements! Thanks for creating this.

stampqueen said...

Beautiful - love how you colored the main image.

tonyamaries said...

Your watercolor is fabulous! I love the color combo!

Tanja said...

Gorgeous card, I love the fabric inspired background.

Rebecca B said...

Beautiful stamping! Gorgeous card!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, you put a lot of work into this beautiful card. Love the texture.

Judy Rozema said...

Oh my goodness!! Just gorgeous, Bridget! I love those neutral colors~

JD/ Jill said...

My first thought when I clicked on the link to your card..."OH, WOW! How beautiful!" I really like your color combo with the neutral soft colors. No matter what color combo you use you seem to ace the challenge!

Ravengirl said...

I just love the fine line accents and the neutral gingham!

Rosy Newlun said...

I loved reading about the linen as well as seeing how you incorporated all that divine texture into your card!!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO gorgeous! Absolutely stunning!

zehra said...

Gorgeous card, lovely linen plaid look

Janis said...

Love the combination of plaid, lace, twine, and stitching with that terrific image!

Ellen Taylor said...

Bridget your water coloring is spectacular! I love the muted neutral tones and always your sewing! Gorgeous work!!

Unknown said...

Oh My! Your card is so rich and makes me want to copy it just so I can look at it. It, like so much of your cards, is just - beautiful! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Mary Decker said...

My eyes are so delighted by looking at your card! It's very authentic...you could absolutely see the colors you used in nature.

You can tell you care about the quality of your work!

I have happy eyes because you shared it!

Thank you.

Mary Decker said...

My eyes are so delighted by looking at your first card, in particular.

It's very authentic...you could absolutely see the colors you used in nature.

You can tell you care about the quality of your work!

I have happy eyes because you shared it!

Thank you.

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous! The neutrals and your coloring are beautiful.

Aleksandra said...

Bridget your card is absolutely stunning! I love all the embelishments and you've colored the image perfectly and the papers you've used are just divine! Love everything about it!!

Have a great day, Blessings
Aleksandra

Kathy Jones said...

OH WOW!!! Love, love, love the texture and the way you coloured this gorgeous image!!! STUNNING Bridget!!

Susie said...

Hi Bridget,
I don't think I've seen this card on your SCS gallery. So glad I decided to hop over and take a peek at your blog. This card is stunning. And you've represented the challenge well. Neutrals are right up my alley. From the dp to the vintage metal frame and button - it's the prefect background for your beautiful stamped and watercolored image. I love it! Thanks for the trip to Belfast too. Vance has been to Ireland. I've only been to the airport in Shannon on my way to England - no time to visit unfortunately. But ... I'll say this, there is nothing more beautiful then breaking though the clouds at dawn on decent to the Emerald Isle. Thank you sharing your creativity with the world, Bridget.

Hugs,
Susie ~