Tuesday 22 May 2012

Paper and Such Father's Day Challenge



Time for another challenge at Paper and Such, and this time we're creating cards on a Father's Day theme!  I pulled out the fantastic Deer Dad set again, it's perfect for masculine cards.  
I grew up in the Copper River Basin in Alaska and enjoyed the beautiful Wrangell mountains in full view every day.  Sometimes when the sun set over the mountain range there would be a pink, gold or purple glow which was absolutely radiant.  I was trying for a bit of that look on my card, then realized my sun wasn't low enough for a sunset!  
But it was fun to make and I love creating scenes around this regal buck.
I used post-it-notes as masks for the mountains and sun and
MFT's Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics to make the dp banner. 
I hope you're inspired by the Father's Day creations the Design Team have created for the challenge - I've really enjoyed being a Guest Designer with these talented ladies!
Supplies include:
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Ranger Distress Spun Sugar ink
SU Old Olive, Lucky Limeade, Orchid Opulence, Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, Yoyo Yellow ink
SU dp
SU Early Espresso cardstock
Brads
Copics
Post-it-notes

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card Bridget. What a great scene. Awesome colors! Love the crisp look to this.
Hope you are doing well! Thinking of you and your family... stay strong!

Janice M said...

Bridget I just LOVE the scenes you have created with this Deer Dad set! It was great to have you as part of the team even if only for a month!! Inky Hugs!!