Sunday 15 February 2015

Leafy Hello


I love the fact that UK/Ireland stampers have the chance to
 order some of the most fabulous brands on the market through
the on-line store Make the Day Special !
Here's a card created for their blog challenge this month which is a sketch:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CHmwDxzLKto/VMqdaKjdTwI/AAAAAAAAHlE/NLhxa1Knk1c/s1600/sketch1.jpg 

I sponged Ranger Distress Shabby Shutters ink on both sides for  
the sketch background, then added some stenciling and stamping with 
Visible Image Ink Splats. I also added some spritzing with a a
paintbrush and Distress Ink. The "hello" is die-cut using
the FABULUOUS Wplus9 Hand Lettered Hello
which is one of my most used dies, available at MTDS store.  
It's cut with shiny gold foil card, along with the palm branches
 using a Hero Arts die.I added some gold sequins and
green/blue rhinestones to finish.The whole card is
made on thick watercolor paper for a rich texture.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

15 comments:

Ang said...

Gorgeous. The gold is perfect.
Ang

KimCreate said...

So beautiful

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty!!

Hannelie said...

I wish we had something here that would make online shopping more affordable... shipping costs are just killing me!
Your card is so stunning! Lovely combination of different shades of green. So fresh with a a touch of elegance added by the gold!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is such a stunning card! Love your artsy interpretation of that sketch! The shiny gold is really striking...must try that sometime!

Kate said...

Oh i love this the colours are just stunning and the gold goes so well with your fabulous design.
Thanks for linking up at make the day special stamp store.
Kate xx

Julia Aston said...

what a fabulous background Bridget! love the gold die cuts too!

Petti said...

Lovely card!

shirley-bee said...

I love that splattery stencilled background paired with the gold die cuts!

Claire said...

This is such a stunning card!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card and a great job with the sketch!

Jenny said...

I'm loving seeing how crafters are interpreting our sketch this month and your design is another creative take on it. Gorgeous greens and the splash of gold in the die-cuts is just perfect :)
Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Make the Day Special Stamp Store :)
Jenny x

Tara Cardwell said...

So glad you like our store :-D Thanks for joining in our challenge with this fabby card. I love how you interpreted the sketch.
Tara
Make the Day Special Stamp Store

Karen Dunbrook said...

love it mf....
Hope all is well with you.
hugs,
Karen

STAMP ENJOY said...

Via traducteur :
Hello,

My name is Sandrine VACHON and I work for the magazine "Passion Cartes Créatives". I saw your blog and I find your really very attractive realizations. And for it, I would like to make you known with our readers. Would you accept that I make an interview on you and your blog? http://bridgetspaperblessings.blogspot.ca/

If you accept, I shall ask you to answer a questionnaire and to send me photos of your most beautiful creations.

I hope that you will answer favorably my demand.

See you soon.