Monday 7 November 2011

Sweet n' Sassy Stamps 4th Birthday Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to the SNSS Birthday Blog Hop!  We're celebrating four wonderful years and we're so glad you joined us today!  I've loved working with sweet and gifted Korin and the fabulous team of designers at Sweet n' Sassy Stamps plus getting to know many of the fans who love using SNSS images, sentiments and products!
36 fantastic design team members, both past and present, along with some special friends have put together our hop which will take place over three days, so there's plenty of time to stop and visit each blog.  You have until 11:59 pm EST on November 9th to leave comments on as many blogs as you can.  On Saturday, November 12th, Sweet n' Sassy Stamps will announce FOUR winners which will be chosen at random from comments on random stops along the hop.  Each of the four winners will receive a prize pack including stamps, dies, paper and twine valued at $40!  The more comments the better your chance of winning!

If you've been following along alread you should ahve come from the fantastic blog of Sandy Domelle.
If you're only starting here, you can head back to the SNSS blog and go from there so you don't miss any stops along the way! 

Here's what I created for the hop today:
This was made using a brand new set just released last Thurday called God's Purpose.  I wanted a somewhat CAS look so I left a lot of white space to go with the bright turquoise and red.  The image is colored with copics and cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles.  It's popped up on a lacy oval cut with a Marianne Creatables die.   I went for a simple "thinking of you" sentiment because as far as I'm concerned, you can never have too many cards with that simple but meaningful message!  I used a white gel pen to add highlights to the red berries and a corner rounder for the bottom corners.
Other supplies include:
Buttons
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Echo Park dp
SU Real Red, Tempting Turquoise cardstock
Ribbon
Copics

And in honor of the birthday I'm going to share a card I made back in April while on Splitcoaststampers Dirty Dozen design team - these cards are exclusively for the inspiration of the SCS Fan Club, but because it's a very special occasion I'm making an exception and sharing one of my favorite cards ever using SNSS!

I layered the sentiment strip across the dp before cutting the circle with a Nestie and used Sweet n' Sassy Stamps Tulips Digital Stamp and the sentiment is from their Flower Sentiments digi set.
Other supplies used include:
MFT small scallops Die-namic
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles, Butterflies Two
Twine
Buttons
My Minds Eye, SU dp
Copics

Thank you so much
for joining the fun today!  Your next stop on the blog is the very talented Ceal Pritchett,  but just in case you should lose your way, here's a whole list of the bloggers celebrating:

66 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow! Two beautifully done cards! I love both but I LOVE a pink and green color combo so that one just grabs my eye. All the beautiful details on both cards and your coloring just make the cards pop!
BEAUTIFUL!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Both creations are just fantastic! Chicadee just pops and the flowers are gorgeous!

Jingle said...

These are both GORGEOUS! That first card is just STUNNING!!!

Beate said...

Bridget, both cards are gorgeous! Love your work.
Hugs and smiles

Laurie said...

pretty card

Dee said...

Both cards are beautiful. They would brighten anyone's dull winter days! Thanks!

Lydia Fiedler said...

WOW - that brilliant blue and crispy layout just stole my heart!!

Jennie said...

Sweet cards and love the colors on the second one!!

Anonymous said...

Love both cards the colors are amazing, thank you for creating and sharing them.

Riette said...

Lovely the pink and green and stunning layout!!

Frances Brown said...

I love your friends are flowers card.

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Your creations are stunning! Beautifully done!

Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Ceal said...

wow Bridget your cards are so vibrant they just jump off the page at you. Beautiful

Basslady said...

your cards are so stunning and sweet!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Sasha said...

Two absolutely beautifully stamped and coloured cards. Fabulous colour choices and layouts, too:)

Miriam Prantner said...

Lovely cards and such bright color choices! I like the first the best.

Anonymous said...

My name is Emily and I'm a ribbon-holic. LOVE your red-stripped ribbon... and your cards too!
em

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

These cards are just beautiful--your color combinations are amazing and your cards just stand out!

Chris L.

Caity Sue said...

That bird is adorable...but those flowers are most lovely! Thanks so much for sharing.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Aww beautimous!! Love that 2nd card -- bright and GORGEOUS!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Bridget, these are fabulous. Love the color combos, especially the teal and red. The lay-outs are fabulous and the coloring is out of the world awesome! :o)

mitz said...

...I'm * thinking * you did a fantastic job on these.. wow..
mitz_zee@yahoodotcom

Krissy said...

love BOTH of your cards! Beautiful!

stampingbowd said...

Both your cards are REALLY beautiful!! When I see your name on the blog hop or a SCS post, I can't wait to see what you made! Both works of art are stunning!

Cottage Crafter said...

Love both cards, but the chickadee is my faovorite. The colors are so pretty, and your coloring is superb.

suem66 said...

OHHHH! WOW!!!! Beutiful cards. really beautiful.

Lorie said...

Breathtaking x2!!!! Your cards are amazing, and it's such a blessing to visit your blog and take in all this wonderfulness!!! Beautifully done!!

MaryM said...

I like how your colors are so brilliant!~ Your coloring is awesome and your cards are very creative.

forpahl5 said...

Love the card! Thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

Love the cards! Nestie behind the bird is so pretty!

Kristin said...

So bright and cute! And a wonderful coloring job on the 2nd card, how lovely! Thank you for sharing! :) Cheers

Indy's Designs said...

Two beautiful cards. The colors are really vibrant and fun on both cards.

merrymstamper said...

wow!! Totally gorgeous cards. amazing creations

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness are both of these cards so pretty! Great job!

Crafty Math Chick said...

These are both lovely Bridget, but I especially adore that chick-a-dee card - they are my favorite birds. I like the patriotic color palette, and fancy flourish tag and that perfectly tied bow. Your shading around the chick is perfect too!

Shannon White said...

Goodness these are both so Lovely Bright and Cheerful! Love your wonderful coloring and Fantastic LO's for each! Just Wonderful!

Hugs
Shannon

Peggy said...

Beautiful cards.
Blessings,
Peggy Allen

Anita said...

Wow! Stunning cards!

Jenny said...

I like both of your cards but the green and pink flower card is OUTSTANDING!! GREAT colors!!!!

Karenladd said...

I love your sweet bird card with all the splashes of red and that beautiful bow!

Char said...

Very gorgeous cards, both of them!!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous both of them!! :)

Mary Marsh said...

2 absolutely gorgeous cards Bridget-love the chickadee image and you colored and laid it out perfectly-your dirty dozen card is a work of art no wonder you love it

Ellen Taylor said...

Two stunning cards! Love the crip lines and your fab coloring! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Two great cards! The colors and balance make these pop!

Unknown said...

They are both gorgeous!! Love your use of bright colors!

Marie said...

Beautiful cards. They are both awesome in their own special ways. The use of the color schemes creates a different feeling from each one. Thank you for showing these.

Harriet Skelly said...

Love both of your cards Bridget! Your coloring is outstanding as always and I love your designs!

synthis said...

I love both of these. They are very pretty. Thanks for sharing them.

Janice M said...

Bridget your cards are Beautiful!! Love the way you did that tulip card!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gracious, your cards are absolutely awesome. They are what I call "dynamic" cards. They are beautiful . Your coloring is magnificent and the beauty of your "God's Purpose " & "Tulips" images are awesome. I love the colorfulness of your cards too. I just plain love them. thank you for sharing them. hugs Cathy

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

Both your cards are pretty. I love how your bird pops off that blue. TFS.

Kaye W. said...

Wow! 2 beautiful cards! I really love how vibrant the colors are on the tulip card!

Melissa E said...

The tulip card is stunning! I am marking this page so I can refer back to it again and again.

And I love how you proved that dots and stripes do go together on the other card. So pretty!

peggy wainman said...

Wow, both cards are absolutely gorgeous!

Cindy Lou said...

I was enamored with the chickadee card and then I saw the Tulip card. Now I don't know what to say except they are both gorgeous, well done and simply lovely. Thanks for sharing!

Sue D said...

Both cards are fabulous!

Robin Parker said...

Bridget, WOW!!!! Both creations are stunningly beautiful. Fabulous job!!

Newbie said...

Both of your cards are STUNNING! Love the colors of them both! The bird is done superbly and the colors on the card are beautiful! I love the bright happy colors on the second card~and the flowers!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love that chickadee image and your card really makes him sing! Great to see some spring flowers this time of year too. The twine bow is a great touch.

LeroyLime said...

both cards are amazing... Loving all the Red White and Blue on the first one and the coloring behind your little bird, WOW!

K. Joy said...

Oh these are so pretty! I love the Christmas-y look to your first card. The ribbon is beautiful! And I love tulips, so I also really like your second card. ;) I really like the layout on that one! Thanks for sharing!!

Cathymac said...

Both cards are stunning, Bridget! You have the most amazing dies...love the lacy oval on the chickadee card! The colors on the tulip card are one of my favorite combinations! Your work is truly amazing!

Korin said...

Breathtaking as always, Bridget! Thank you for being such a blessing to me and the rest of the team. You are a cherished friend!!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh these are so beautiful! Love your coloring on this. The colors are FABULOUS too!

Anonymous said...

Love the tulip card. I am from a dutch community - Holland, Mi and I have a fondness for tulips. Thanks for sharing.