Friday 25 September 2015

Watercolor Poppies


It's been a long while since I've posted due to family illness - we're
not out of the woods yet, but I was finally able to find
some time to craft. I used a Rubbernecker water color stamp, 4 Poppies,
on water color paper, with various Distress inks in reds and greens.
I've found a method that works best for me with this type of stamp
and that's stamping in the light colours first - here 
I used a light pink and light green for the stems - then water coloring in the 
image in darker hues.  I also added some spritzing and some sparkling
 rhinestones.The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture
Collection 9.  I love this verse and it's been keeping me going 
through a difficult time.
Thanks for stopping by today, I have a few more water color images to
post in the next few days!

5 comments:

Kim S said...

It has been a VERY long time - I'm sending up prayers. So glad you got a chance to craft and it's absolutely lovely.

Hannelie said...

So good to see you crafting again Bridget. I missed you! Hope everything will be ok there. Your poppies looks amazing! You didn't loose your touch at all!

JD/ Jill said...

Your card is lovely...You certainly haven't lost your touch with great card making. I missed your lovely cards...and wondered if all was going okay for you...will keep you in prayer!

Unknown said...

I have been following you on SCS and then your blog for close to four years. I LOVE your cards - they inspire me and really helped me to become a better card maker, although I have my own style. Your beautiful style is uniquely yours.
I have been wondering where you have been and also concerned. I was so glad to see your post today. It is a lovely card - I adore poppies! So glad to see you back. Very sorry that you and your family have been going through rough times. God is with us and I will send prayers. Marti

shirley-bee said...

Hi Bridget, I couldn't find an email address on your blog to reply, but here's the link to the stamp I used (it was well hidden!)
https://www.magentastyle.ca/store/product_info.php?cPath=1_291_2_209_210&products_id=9261&osCsid=ntaj8u2bdrbdral6m516p2tme7
Just in case the link doesn't work, it's Q.0248 Ross Design
Love your watercoloured poppies, btw :)