Wednesday 4 September 2013

Damask Butterfly



based on this fab photo inspiration which Cath gave us!

Honoring Ombre


I don't have enough different purple inks to create a true ombre effect, 
but that's the look I was aiming for as I sponged through the Clear Scraps Damask stencil with 
Stampin Up's Orchid Opulence, Lavender Lace, and Pretty in Pink.
The pearl heads on the stick pins are dyed to match with a few drops of copic ink and I added a 
Prima flower to the butterfly which is cut with a Spellbinders die.
I didn't want to detract from the stenciled background so I stamped the sentiment (SU
on a bit of gingham ribbon and the result is kind of a clothing label effect!
Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Hannelie said...

Beyond words!
So very pretty!

Paula S. said...

Very pretty! Placing the rose in the center of the butterfly is so clever and really attention getting. Nice take on the Trigger image.

Karen Davis said...

Absolutely gorgeous Bridget. I totally adore this card.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Bridget! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)