Monday 4 March 2013

Flourishes Beautiful World Tour

 
I'm so delighted to share the news that I've been asked to be part of the very talented bunch of stampers who make up the Flourishes Beautiful World Tour Design team!
Every month these fabulous ladies design a card or project to share with you from their little spot on the globe and I have the honour of sharing with you from my adopted country of Northern Ireland!
Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom, and part of the island of Ireland - I always say that it means we get to enjoy the best of both countries!
This month Sasha has given us the theme of Bookmarks.
I always try to keep most of the bookmark as flat as possible so there's no damage done to the pages and spine of a book, so that's always a challenge.  You know how much we crafters love using dimension!
I love Flourishes images for their variety and beauty, but I'm especially in love with the flower images, so I reached for the beautiful set, Magnolias.
Here's what I've created this month:
 
 
I stamped the image on the edge of an oval cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Ovals Petite Small.  The image is coloured with copics and sponged with Ranger Distress Antique Linen ink for a vintage look.
Here's a closer look:
 
 
The seam binding has been dyed to match the dp and cardstock with copic ink (R22).
I put it in a small plastic bag and added a few drops of ink, scrunching it up to distribute the dye and create a distressed look.
My Favorite Things Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics were used to make the bookmark - the dp has been attached to cardstock for extra reinforement!
I used Marianne Design Creatables Frame and Swirls die (LRO116) to frame the oval.
 
Other supplies include:
Twine
Cardstock
Basic Grey Lucille dp
 
Thanks so much for stopping by Northern Ireland on your World Tour! 
Don't forget that by leaving comments on the designers blogs as you hop the globe, you're in the running to win a free Flourishes Stamp set!  Comments will be accepted till the end of the month and a random comment will be chosen, so the more comments, the better your chances of wining! 
The next stop is Brisbane, Australia to see what the very talented Kathy Jones has created for you!
 
 
 
 

 

31 comments:

Anne-Elise said...

Welcome to the team, Bridget! Love your bookmark! Your image is gorgeous and so beautifully colored! Love the frame too! Hugs

Naomi said...

Wow, Bridget, what a STUNNER! One of my favourite colour combos, beautiful image and colouring, and just all-around elegant!

Welcome to the Beautiful World Team! It is an honour to be working with you and I look forward to seeing many more gorgeous creations from you!!

HUGS,
Naomi

Marie-Louise said...

This is really gorgeous. Love the colours you have chosen and the design.

Aleksandra said...

Bridget your bookmark is gorgeous! I love the colors you've used and your coloring is so beautiful! Lovely!

I am looking forward beeing on the team with you and seeing more of your beautiful work!

Blessings,
Aleksandra

Sasha said...

Welcome to the BW team, Bridget! It's lovely to have you join us. Your bookmark is gorgeous! I love the image you chose and your colouring is beautiful! x

Audrey Hiltke said...

Gasp!!! This is so beautiful Bridget. The colors and design, and that perfectly died ribbon just make this something to treasure.
Blessings,
Audrey

Tricia T said...

Congratulations, my friend! I'm so happy to see you on the Flourishes team!!! Your bookmark is just beautiful -- I especially like how you offset the image and the layered dies. LOVELY!!

Blessings!

Tricia

Unknown said...

Love the use of the different colors!

Unknown said...

Love the use of colors in this one!

Mary-Anne V said...

What a pretty bookmark...love the colours.

Becky said...

Beautiful book mark, beautiful color combo.

Sue D said...

Very pretty--I like the colors and how you dyed the seam binding to match.

Allison Cope said...

Absolutely gorgeous Bridget! Love the beautiful peach and green together. a beautifully coloured design!

Helen said...

Congratulations - I can see you're going to be a great asset to this team! Your bookmark is absolutely gorgeous and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

zehra said...

Awesome, love ur work, this is a beautiful bookmark

Sandy said...

These colors are stunning together. I love the frame with all of the curves, which reflects the curves in the dp design.

Chris said...

it's a beautiful bookmark. You're coloring is always stunning and that delicate die is just gorgeous.
Congrats on your new DT position. Have fun.

Karen W said...

Very pretty and congratulations!!!!

Kris B said...

Gorgeous book mark! Love the color and the image is beautiful! Thanks for the tip on dyeing the ribbon! TFS God bless!!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful. Cheers.

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful bookmark! I love the pretty Magnolia. Welcome to the Flourishes family. :)

Linda said...

Congrats and welcome to the Flourishes team. Your bookmark is lovely.

Kathy Jones said...

Love this Bridget - it's absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! We are so excited to have you joining the Flourishes family!!! {hugs}

Marybeth said...

Congratulations Bridget! I can see why they asked you to join. Your work is beautiful! Love your sweet bookmark!

JD/ Jill said...

Your bookmark is wonderful...beautifully done!

lisa808 said...

Such a pretty bookmark!

Victoria said...

Oh how totally elegant. I love the details and your colour choices! Beautiful work!

Ravengirl said...

How beautiful Bridget! I love the colors you choose to work with.

Rosmarie said...

Wow! What a gorgeous bookmark!

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful bookmark...great combo of colors, dies and papers....love the perfectly dies ribbon.

Connie MacFarlane said...

Beautiful bookmark Bridget!Love the images from this set and the colours you have used. Have to remind myself to use the smaller images as you have here.