Saturday 10 March 2012

Poppies and Kraft

Today's Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers took us to the website of A Cool Breeze, specializing in handmade fans.  I chose this fan to inspire my card, and the background brought to mind kraft cardstock which I used for my card base.  I masked the poppies image, which is from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Poppies and Greetings, before sponging with Distress ink which is similar in shade to kraft.
I colored the flowers with copics and used a white gel pen for highlighting the flower centers.
The embossing folder was also inked on one side with the same color of Distress ink.
This bow was sitting on my crafting table, a reject from another project, but it looks at home on this card, I think!
Supplies include:
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles
Sizzix embossing folder
Ranger Distress Frayed Burlap ink
Sewing machine
Copics
Memento Tuxedo Black ink

4 comments:

Korin said...

This is so beautiful and makes me want to go color :).

Wanda Cullen said...

Bridget, this is over the top gorgeous!! I love that EF inked up like that...a fabulous look! I see a CASE in my future -lol! That ribbon is the perfect touch!

Melina said...

Gorgeous Bridget! I love this combo :)

Benzi said...

Ooh, la, la...love this card, Bridget. I ordered and received this poppy stamp a few days ago. Hope to make a card with it today, although it may not show up on my gallery or blog for a week or two. Your embossing folder is awesome and has so much texture.