Sunday 21 June 2015

Blessed is the Man


It's been a while since I've posted due to family illness, but I couldn't let 
Father's Day go by without posting the card I made for my Dad using a fab
 new stencil I received for my birthday.  It's 
the large stripes are just perfect for masculine cards. It's an easy 
way to create a quick background which can end up being quite 
striking, depending on the colour used - here I used Ranger 
Distress Evergreen Bough for sponging.  The Bible verse is a
Verve Plain Jane and the "blessed" die-cut was created using a die 
The stars were cut using Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Stars Dies.  
I don't often use sequins on a man's card but it just needed something 
to "lift" or give a hint of sparkle around the dark stars.
This verse is perfect for my Dad - he has been such an example to 
me, trusting in the Lord through both good times and bad times.
Blessed means happy in a deep foundational way, not a superficial 
happiness based on circumstances - my Dad's trust in His 
God has been a blessing to our entire family.
I know Father's Day can be a difficult holiday if you've lost your 
Dad through circumstances or death and my thoughts are 
with those who have. Thanks for stopping by my blog
 today - I hope I'll be able to post more regularly very soon!  

3 comments:

Hannelie said...

Bridget, so good to see you posting one of your beautiful cards again!
Hoping everything is ok there.
Hugs
Hannelie

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely card mf...love the bold, graphic look of it!

Irish Cherokee said...

How wonderful this card is for your dad Bridget. I am sure he enjoyed it immensely. I pray the illnesses are not serious. I will pray for you and your family.

Hugs and Blessings
Jim