Thursday 16 October 2014

All My Heart


I've been making quite a few cards with a pink theme in honor 
of the fight against breast cancer highlighted in October. 
 Splitcoaststampers has a special card drive called 
Hope You Can Cling To - the cards created are sent for 
patients at a cancer treatment center in Texas to use. 
Here's a card I created for a challenge to include a 
bear on your card - I love this adorable 
wee teddy from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Valentine Critters
 He's colored with copics and the head is 
popped up over the body to give some dimension.  
I have to tell you, I just love this 
set with all those adorable little critters and use it the whole year around - they're 
perfect for baby cards, birthday cards and general cards expressing love! 
The heart is cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities 
and sponged while still in the die with Stampin Up Blushing Bride ink.  
Buttons seem to play along well with polka dots to me, 
so I grabbed a few in melon pink from my button jars!
The fight against cancer is close to my heart as my husband and so many 
in his family have battled through it.  I know many of you can identify 
as you have loved ones and dear friends with similar stories.  
May God give you strength and peace for
 whatever challenges you're facing today.
Thank you for stopping by for a look!

3 comments:

Hannelie said...

Beautiful coloring ... the cute bear looks great against the soft heart!

Cathymac said...

Just darling, Bridget! What a sweet image to use for your HYCCT card! Hugs!

JD/ Jill said...

This is really sweet! Cute image!