Tuesday 19 August 2014

Watercolor Tea Rose


A card inspired by this color palette at Design Seeds for the
 colors paired with such a dark contrast in this palette.


The background is a watercolor wash using Ranger Distress
Mustard Seed and Dried Marigold.  I then lightly
stenciled with the same colors.
The image is Flourishes Old Tea Rose and it's 
been watercolored "loosely" with added 
spritzing, sponging and a few stamped splats using 
Visible Image Ink Splats.I find stamping the splats in areas where I've 
already laid down color adds just a bit  more depth.
Thanks so much for stopping by today, 
hope you're having a good week so far!

4 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

My jaw is on the ground!! This is SOOO gorgeous! That BG is incredible as is your "loosely" watercolored rose! Have to pin this!

Karren said...

This background is stunning! Love the fluid look to this whole card!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

So beautiful. I wish I had your eye for design.

JD/ Jill said...

This is so pretty! Great job witht he challenge with using those colors!