Sunday 1 June 2014

Pink Stripes, Gold Feathers


A card for today's Featured Stamper Challenge at Splitcoaststampers with a
 colour combo I've been wanting to try lately - magenta pink and gold.  
Laurie, aka lhs43, is our inspiration this week and 
HERE is the lovely card from her gallery which I chose. 
I created the stripes by temporarily attaching the panel to lined 
writing paper and then using the lines to position masking tape, 
sponging with Ranger Distress Picked Raspberry.  
I saw this great idea on Laura Bassen's blog, Doublestick Heaven!
The feathers from Waltzingmouse Fine Feathers are gold embossed 
on vellum and the "hello" (Wplus9 Hand Lettered Hello Die)
has been embossed with several layers of gold. 
I added some brushed gold brads and gold cord to finish.
Thanks so much for stopping by today, have a wonderful Sunday!

1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

OH, I love those gold feathers... so elegant and pretty.